"Scheherezade is easy; a little black dress is difficult." - Coco Chanel

If there wasn't a lingering feeling that the need still exists for a thick sweater every now and again...ie, despite the fact that the sun has finally started to shine there's still quite a nip in the air...I would have embraced the bi-annual closet transition prior to this. As is, I'm loathed to move any "winter" clothes into storage as (depressingly) I haven't actually stopped wearing them.

This lack of transition means that I've also been rather tardy on evaluating the remnants of last summer...the things that I wore to death and (somewhat optimistically) packed away in anticipation of another year's wear. Something that I realized when I pulled my fail-safe black linen dress out of mothballs...and saw (in the cold, and exceedingly harsh light of day) that it was looking a little worse-for-wear.

Enter a (in my opinion) very un-Gap maxi dress from...the Gap...able to be dressed up...or down...worn alone...or layered to within an inch of its life...a theoretically-easy-but-difficult-to-find-in-reality basic...

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • Chrissy said...
    1:49 PM
    Ahhh! Out of stock! Good thing you grabbed it when you did... such a great dress!
  • 8:21 AM
    That is a seriously awesome dress! I wish it wasn't sold out.
  • Anonymous said...
    3:00 PM
    what size did you get? just your normal size? my boyfriend just bought me this (we're long distant) and I'm suddenly afraid its do big.
  • pay per head said...
    9:30 PM
    I have wanted to learn more about particular topics, but not many websites would help me out in informing me the way I expected. This left me with many question, but after reading your article, I got an answer to all my questions. You are too cool dude!!!
  • Georgina said...
    5:33 AM
    It cannot succeed in actual fact, that is exactly what I think.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...