"I'd rather lose myself in passion than lose my passion." - Jacques Mayol

Having been weaned on Enid Blyton...and other authors of that ilk...whose stories were populated by girls named George who had ripping (yet completely non-controversial) adventures...I am all too well aware of the power of “the pash”. In those completely PC tales a “pash” was a pronounced (yet completely non-sexual) fondness for someone...the dictionary of slang and colloquialisms of the UK has a slightly more grown up viewpoint and conjugates it as follows...“I found her having a pash in the back garden with the nextdoor neighbour”.

However you want to look at it, I am currently in the grips of a pash...for things vintage, and golden, and shiny...like this sea-creature-chic brooch by Howard Benedikt...a New York jeweler who made fine costume jewelry from 1955 to 1970...

Photobucket

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • pay per head said...
    9:32 PM
    Thanks so much for this post. A combination of advice that I've heard before but always bears repeating; plus new tips that I really ought to consider

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...