"Too many people today know the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Ann Landers

The lure was a weekend of tax-free shopping in a state whose taxes make you blink...shudder...and long for a stiff drink before contemplating any major purchases.

The unexpected interest was provided by a floor-length khaki skirt...exuding casual elegance from the window of Michael Kors. A skirt that I fondly imagined wearing whilst bumming around in the summer...or for work (on days when it wasn't raining and I wouldn't have to worry about cleaning the streets every time I took a step).

The letdown arrived at the moment the sales assistant informed me that the skirt retailed for $2,300.

I am now...somewhat optimistically...searching for something equally dressy-casual...that doesn't accessorize with the threat of penury.

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...