"The English language has a deceptive air of simplicity; so have some little frocks; but they are both not the kind of thing you can run up in half an hour with a machine." - unknown

I'm going to warn you now...before you click through and start to hyperventilate at the price tag...that this particular denim dress is one of those deceptively simple little suckers that manage both casual and "hey look ma, I made an effort" extremely well...at, as I say, a price (not quite of the "far above rubies" category, it's true, but still enough to make you wince).

Which raises the eternal question...why is simple rarely easy?
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Madame Suggia said...
    2:32 PM
    Forgive the pun, but the answer is 'simple'. With a style like this (gorgeous BTW, and one I shall be re-creating-with minor modifications to suit my preferences- myself soon, but with a darn sight more that half an hour at the machine, that's for certain) there is no-where to run, no-where to hide. The fabric, fit and finish must be flawless-you can't hide a sloppy fit with a splashy print, you can't hide poor construction with frills, ruffles or assorted gee-gaws, and if the fabric sucks, you're done for. Add in the fact that this dress is the kind of thing you'd buy and LIVE IN FOR EVER...those companies have to make sure you pay big-time up-front as you won't be buying any more of these.

    Fabulous blog BTW, one of my favorite morning reads since I discovered you a few weeks ago.
  • Hebden said...
    8:37 PM
    Perfectly true, this isn't something that you would need to re-buy every year because it disintegrated in your closet...I just wish it wasn't quite so pricey.

    (Thank you for the lovely compliment...it made my day)

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...