"Every sale has five basic obstacles: no need, no money, no hurry, no desire, no trust." - Zig Ziglar

The Christmas story continues...otherwise known as "what was in that rather snazzily wrapped package you mentioned yesterday?"...

If you're anything like me you hesitate when buying something several seasons old...not, I hasten to add, because the item in question is no longer "in"...but because there's the fear that said item has been bought and returned a good many times by this point and is looking a little the worse for wear. The concern is doubled when you haven't shopped from a particular store before...and (in this version of fashion math) you add an extra ten points if the item you're contemplating buying is light in color, and therefore liable to show the dirt.
Photobucket
Which is why, I suppose, I hemmed and hawed so much over the striped scarf. Even though I'm a fan of French label, Heimstone, the scarf...at full price...was too expensive. First reductions took place...and still I hesitated. By the time a second round of reductions came by I was concerned that it would be looking a little ratty.

Reckless abandon...and a cocktail whilst browsing online...caused me to hit the buy button. To...after the delay of said package winging its way across the Atlantic...enthuse over Amélie Boutique's packaging...and...to be amazed by the pristine condition of "the scarf". Perhaps no one else wanted it, but my fear of "dinginess thanks to a series of folks returning it" has not come true...

Photobucket

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    11:11 AM
    Wow...I've never once worried about dinginess caused by returns.
  • 9:30 PM
    I have been looking looking around for this kind of information.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...