"I believe you should live each day as if it is your last, which is why I don't have any clean laundry, because, come on, who wants to wash clothes on the last day of their life?" - unknown

There's a line in Die Hard: With a Vengeance where Jeremy Iron's character states that something is happening due to the "gullibility of the New York Police Department"...(I admit it, I am addicted to the first three Die Hard movies...something that definitely falls under the heading of 'shame inducing guilty pleasure').

I mention this, not as part of a confession of movie-related sins, but because that specific line kept running through my head when I was confronted by the picture of a bottle of APC's Fine Fabric Care suds, a clothing cleanser created in collaboration with Aesop.

Now, as you may know, when I'm not watching bad movies I get a certain amount of harmless joy from hand-washing clothing (although, perversely, not dishes...as I mentioned earlier). My detergent of choice for this somewhat subdued thrill is Woolite which, at around $6 a bottle, has prolonged the life of many a sweater and shirt in the Hebden household. Which is why I mentioned the "G" word...for, at $35, a bottle...even though the packaging is far superior and the blend of Petitgrain, Lemon and Cedarwood probably smells lovely...can it really be that much better?
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • Jennifer said...
    11:04 PM
    It does sound lovely, but maybe one of the Dr. Bronner's liquid soaps could work as a substitute? I want to get a bottle of the lavender scent for my sweaters.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...