"Happiness is a wine of the rarest vintage, and seems insipid to a vulgar taste." - Logan Pearsall Smith

Generally, I encounter about the same level of luck on a trip to a thrift store as a vegetarian visiting a steakhouse...everything (that I like) appears to have been designed for someone about a foot shorter (and a tad skinnier) than I...which leaves me feeling like some fairytale giant running amok amongst the villagers' corn fields.

Which is why I was so amazed when I came across this outerwear offering...a mix of utilitarian...60's Catherine Deneuve...a sort of ladylike punk (witness the brass details on fastenings and pockets...chic, yet dangerous if you poked someone with them)...with beautiful details (the notched back of the collar...the goldenrod silk lining)...and roomy enough to hit at-the-knee and allow for the wearing of a sweater underneath.

It took a while, but I can finally lay claim to a successful thrifting experience...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Carlene said...
    6:25 AM
    Oh, wow, very nice!
  • Laurie - Shorts said...
    2:00 AM
    I'm enjoying reading your point of view here in your posts.....I'm a new reader but will be back to check out more!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...