"Organizing is what you do before you do something, so that when you do it, it is not all mixed up." - A. A. Milne

It's obviously the time of year when you look at your closet and think "God, this could do with a little organization...containment...earth-moving equipment". On the grand scale, think Susie Bubble's new wall of Ikea...a clothing storage system that I covet but, realistically, know is not for me...as the moths that I wage a continuous battle with would regard such an arrangement as being akin to an invitation to an all-you-can-eat-buffet.

On a more modest scale...much, much, more modest...think ant to elephant...drop of water to ocean...well, you get the idea...I finally decided that the Net-a-Porter delivery box that I was using to corral my sunglasses...while being functional, ecologically conservative, and fiscally sound...was taking up too much space and lacking a little something when it came to getting me any closer to the luxurious, well-appointed closet of my dreams. The cardboard box is now where it belongs...in the trash...and has been replaced by a velvet lined jewelry tray from The Container Store...which, trite as it may sound, does actually make me feel like I'm "shopping in my closet" every time I go to get a pair of sunglasses.

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...