Daniel in the lion's den...

"And the king commanded, and they brought those men which had accused Daniel, and they cast them into the den of lions, them, their children, and their wives; and the lions had the mastery of them, and brake all their bones in pieces or ever they came at the bottom of the den."

In the general run of things new footwear will generally endow me with the warm glow of well-being and...even though I'm more of a bag girl...the perfect Chelsea boot...or ballet flat...can elicit a modest squeak of joy.

Of course, the opposite is true when the new footwear in question is a walking leg cast which you will be wearing for the next four weeks. Faced with the question "What goes with a leg cast?"...and the corresponding answer, "Almost nothing"...I'm trying to alleviate my gloom by naming it. My initial thought is Daniel...as in Day-Lewis...because it is, indeed, on my left foot...but am not 100% sure about the biblical undertones.

The only upside I've discovered thus far...the spurious air of athleticism that the cast bestows. I know the truth but to the casual observer I could have just fallen from a runaway horse...or taken a tumble while climbing Ben Nevis...
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • edgertor said...
    7:53 AM
    i got one of my very own on tuesday, too...from literally tripping over a tree root.
  • Jennifer said...
    10:40 AM
    That really sucks! You and edgertor have my sympathy and best wishes for fast healing.
  • Hebden said...
    4:46 PM
    edgertor - I hope you're enjoying something slightly cooler than the 108 heat index that I've been hobbling around in today (I feel like I have a sauna attached to my lower limb)

    Jennifer - thanks!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...