"And she said dark is not the opposite of light, It's the absence of light..."

"A butterfly floats on the breeze of a sun lit day
As I feel this reality gently fade away
Riding on a thought to see where it's from
Gliding through a memory of a time yet to come
Smoke paints the air
Swirling images through my mind
Like a whirlpool spin beginning to unwind
And I stand at the edge cautiously awaiting
As time slips by
Carefully navigating by the stars in the sky
And I sit
And I think to myself
And on the horizon the sun light begins to climb
And it seems like it's been so long since he shined
But I'm sure it was only yesterday
A cold chill of fear cut through me
I felt my heart contract
To my mind I brought the image of light
And I expanded out of it
My fear was just a shadow
And then I voice spoke in my head
And she said dark is not the opposite of light
It's the absence of light
And I thought to myself
She knows what she's talking about
And for a moment I know
What it was all about."

Beastie Boys - Namaste

Photobucket

The weekend...the park...the pub...the realization that my new-ish camera has a black and white setting...and the accompanying lesson that reading the manuals and instruction booklets that accompany these things is probably a good idea.

Photobucket

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • Jennifer said...
    3:13 PM
    Great photos, Heb! What kind of camera are you using?
  • Hebden said...
    8:18 AM
    Thanks! I have a Canon Rebel XS...
  • Jennifer said...
    1:58 PM
    I ask because one of these days when I have the money (hahaha... that means a looong time from now) I want to invest in a D-SLR camera. I miss having such control over my shots. No such thing with my Cybershot!
  • 4:35 AM
    Oh my god, there's a lot of worthwhile info here!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...