"Imitation, if it is not forgery, is a fine thing. It stems from a generous impulse, and a realistic sense of what can and cannot be done" - J. Fenton

I'm not sure why any packages I've received from overseas recently have arrived with such blinding speed but I'm not going to complain...especially as the most recent one contained the lace from Hong Kong that I was going to use for my tribute to an $1,100 scarf.

To refresh your memory, I fell for the oatmeal and black...cashmere and lace...of the original but (unsurprisingly) balked at the price tag.


Cue the search for materials...the pause while mailmen from various parts of the globe did their thing...and the half hour or so it took to attach object A (lace) onto object B (cashmere scarf)...and the end result (resulting in a "fashion math" saving of well over a thousand dollars).

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    8:30 AM
    I'd say you did it perfectly! I love the color of that cashmere.

    Happy New Year!
  • Anonymous said...
    5:39 PM
    I was wondering if you could please tell me where you got your fabric...
  • Hebden said...
    10:11 PM
    Anon - the scarf was from Restoration Hardware (the cashmere souffle scarf...http://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod1644473)...the lace was an eBay find.
  • Anonymous said...
    4:10 AM
    How wide is that lace trim? I just found some that's 5 1/2 inches wide and I'm wondering if that'll look even more similar to the original! This is lovely!!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...