"Do you always arrange to take your calls in the lingerie department? " - Dr. Catherine 'Cathy' Gale

For a while now I've been searching for a black leather pencil skirt...for the somewhat irrational reason that this one article of clothing reminds me of both my grandmother and Honor Blackman as Cathy Gale in The Avengers circa 1963-64. Amazingly, I've found one...

I use the "a" word because, in addition to wanting a skirt that would have made both ladies proud, I had some conditions...it had to be a) classic, b) priced so as to not break the bank, and c) real leather (items b and c being in direct conflict with one another).
Photobucket

Yet a five minute foray into Zara...Mr. Heb tapping foot impatiently outside...sales assistant providing absolutely no assistance in locating a skirt that was the correct size yet lacking the hole that I discovered in the one that accompanied me to the changing room...yielded something that met all my criteria. Amazingly² I was even able to gather a rather natty little plaid shirt into my arms as I ran for the cash register...

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • romaine said...
    11:13 PM
    i love the plaid shirt - perfect colors and collar, the fit and fabric look like great quality too.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...