"You gotta have swine to show you where the truffles are." - Edward Albee

The other day I went into a store and was horrified to see that the staff were busy hanging Christmas decorations...now, I'm as full of Yuletide spirit as the next person but October is way too early to start seeing Santa Claus...let me at least get through Halloween before you start assaulting my sense with the tinny tones of Jingle Bells played through a PA system.

The only upside that I can find to Octo-Xmas is that it gives me extra time to discover interesting gifts...like this 3D Swine Anatomy Model. The downside is that I now have to rack my brain to figure out the ideal recipient for the aforementioned swine-in-a-box.
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • Marta said...
    7:39 AM
    I do hate Octo-christmas. I live in Paris and fortunately that doesn't happen here, but I was in London a couple of weeks ago, and entering Selfridges I was baffled to see chrsitmas trees and hearing carols all around. ???
  • Hebden said...
    11:40 AM
    Good to know that at least one city is holding out against the 3-month Christmas.
  • edgertor said...
    4:58 PM
    o, i will be your swine in a box friend. it is awesome. how big is it?
  • kristophine said...
    2:49 PM
    That... is awesome. Invisible Swine.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...