"When grace is joined with wrinkles, it is adorable. There is an unspeakable dawn in happy old age." - Victor Hugo

Apologies to those in the US...I'm not much of a television watcher so, for all I know, the ads for L'Oreal's Colour Riche lipstick could have been running for a while now...my first viewing was last night and I was struck by the claim that the lipstick contained "Anti-Aging Serum". Now...it may...then again it may not...my concern is using a fountain of youth claim to schill a lipstick.

Tell me it will make me look seductive...or innocent...or any of the variety of possibilities in between...but don't, I beg of you, try to sell me on the idea that the aging process will somehow be miraculously halted by one little lipgloss.
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    8:09 PM
    i don't own a tv, so i can't date the start of this tacky pitch, but...eeeeeeewww!
    it's ridiculous AND insulting (in 2 separate ways - they assume i'm an idiot AND they knock aging, which is, as i understand it, a rather widespread non-phenomenon).
  • niroa said...
    12:35 PM
    Surely, the guy is totally just.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...