"Mensch ärgere dich nicht!"

You can accurately gauge my level of athleticism by taking note of the fact that I am labeling my acquisition of a vintage edition of the "Game of India"...aka Parcheesi...aka "Mensch ärgere dich nicht" in Germany ("Man, don't get mad")...as "sport". Yep, I'm that lazy...if it can't be played with a cocktail in one hand it is much too strenuous for my tastes...which probably explains my short-lived enthusiasm for softball (it's difficult to successfully catch the ball when you're scared of spilling your beverage).

I'm also slightly confused...by the camels on the front of the box...if it was "Game of Egypt" they'd be a no brainer but they seem like an odd choice to encapsulate the magic of India...
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    6:25 PM
    Odd indeed.

    Is this game played like Pacheesi? It sort of looks like the same board.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...