"Quoth Hudibras, I smell a rat; Ralpho, thou dost prevaricate" - Samuel Butler

What with one thing and another...mainly my little Swiss adventure...by the time I got round to calling Oak about the LD Tuttle boots they were sold out. As the only other store that I could find who's selling that particular style is doing so for $150 more...Sak's, I'm looking and you and your illogical and extremely irritating habit of over-pricing...made all the more blatant and incomprehensible by the fact that in this virtual world it's so easy to comparison check and see how marked up everything is...I think this is one of those cases of, on good days, regarding this as something that was just not meant to be...and, on bad days, cursing myself for my prevarication.

And the boot hunt continues...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • annemarie said...
    7:56 AM
    My sincere condolences.

    They weren't that nice anyway.

    Ok, I'm lying.
  • 2:11 AM
    Oh...that's too bad. I know the feeling. Hopefully you'll be able to find them at a good price later on.

    Off topic, but when I saw this, it made me think of you:
  • Hebden said...
    7:47 AM
    annemarie - yeah, the "they weren't really all that" line isn't working as well as I hoped it would...

    SRR - thanks...that is very "me"...though I would be the one person to shatter it within a few hours of putting it on
  • Elizabeth said...
    8:01 AM
    Keep trying.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...