As one door closes...

...another one opens. At least that's what they say...and who am I to argue...as my winter wishlist tally sheet is now minus on the boot side...and plus on the tweed coat. Or...to mix yet another metaphor...what I've lost on my corset-booted swings I have gained on my tweedy little Acne roundabouts.

Checking every box on my checklist...

  • Menswear inspired...well, to be entirely accurate, menswear in the smallest available size...
  • Clean lines...the pockets fasten from the inside so that no buttons mar the exterior...
  • Mid-thigh length...I have plenty of long coats...and short coats...I wanted something that fell betwixt and between...a cold weather companion to thick tights and ankle boots...
The other plus is that this is my final purchase from "the favorite local store which is going out of business" and, as such, was nicely reduced even though it is current season stock.

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    6:49 PM
    That's a clever coat!
  • annemarie said...
    8:06 PM
    well done. great color too. where is this bloody shop?
  • Hebden said...
    9:13 PM
    Thanks...the store closed its doors today...so this is the last of my infuriating, "they have to get rid of it so they marked it down" posts...

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...