"It's no longer a warmth hidden in my veins: it's Venus entire and whole fastening on her prey." - Jean Baptiste Racine

Not to be over curmudgeonly and nit-picky (she said, before continuing and being just that) but...can anyone explain the point of a relatively heavy winter coat whose only fastening is one, meager little button? I ask because I keep coming across coats that are perfect...heavy wool...cozy lining...with all the bases covered in the winter warmth department...

Except, that is, for the measly fastening trying to contain all your body heat...wide open at the neck (hello chest cold!)...billowing out at the hem with even the slightest puff of wind...completely ignoring the practicalities of life...and the concept that if it’s cold enough to require a heavyweight coat it’s surely cold enough to want a coat that doesn’t gape open and let the cold roam freely about the person of the wearer...
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • S. said...
    6:10 AM
    When it's this pretty one can make adjustments... ;)
  • kristophine said...
    12:36 PM
    I ran into a similar problem when I was looking for a raincoat for a birthday present for my boyfriend. I kept finding perfectly good raincoats... without hoods. I just don't understand.
  • 1:59 AM
    This can't work in reality, that's what I think.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...