"'I think therefore I am' is the statement of an intellectual who underrates toothaches" - Milan Kundera

Another day...another set of apologies...this time because a raging case of toothache (multiple teeth...some of them must be sympathy pains...I just wish the little swines would choose another time to be sympathetic)...as a result of which I am finding it difficult to think...let alone come up with anything vaguely lucid in written form.Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • kristophine said...
    1:35 PM
    I had a toothache like that last year, with multiple teeth--if any of them are teeth that meet when you close your mouth, it might be due to stress-related grinding in your sleep. Try putting a cork in your mouth so that you're biting on the flat ends with your upper and lower two front teeth, and leave it like that for a few minutes. A doctor on TV (Jeopardy, of all places) said it helps relax jaw muscles, and it actually seems to help me a lot, especially if I do it right before bedtime. (I totally freaked out at the time because I had just had a root canal and was afraid I was going to need, like, six more. I hope your teeth are secretly okay and are just complaining about nothing!)
  • Hebden said...
    5:54 PM
    Oh, you've given me hope...now I have my fingers crossed this is stress-grinding related and not something horrific (and requiring painful treatment).

    Thank you!
  • Leah said...
    1:05 AM
    I feel for you. Right now, I also have a nagging toothache. I guess it's the wisdom tooth. The right side of my face is so numb.
  • kristophine said...
    7:19 PM
    Just a note--although the treatment isn't painful, it is expensive: if your dentist decides that you have bruxism (the sleep grinding), they'll want you to get a night guard that will probably cost five hundred bucks. Your other option is to get something over the counter, which will be cheaper, but still about fifty bucks for anything worth a damn. I haven't gotten a guard yet, because I'm a grad student with no dental, but it's a good thing to do if you can afford it at all--otherwise, you'll have more tooth problems as you wear away dentition.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...