“The dark-veiled silhouette that solitary form patrolling without visible strain or vainglory a demented dreamland of fearful potential.” - K Hulme

When I was a child...and, for some inexplicable reason, had a much better profile than I currently possess...my mother took me to a local department store where a very nice lady cut my silhouette, Victorian-style, out of black craft paper. I'm not sure why the store was offering this somewhat unique service...or why my mother decided that the rather funereal outcome was the perfect way to record my childhood (most people at the time, after all, being perfectly happy with a Polaroid)...but she did...and because I can look at them and reminisce about pudding bowl haircuts, thin turtlenecks, and retrousse nosed profiles I'm rather glad.Photobucket

And, after stumbling across Daydream Nation's silhouette brooch, I can't help thinking how fun it would be to translate my paper memories into something a little shinier.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • muebles baratos said...
    1:23 AM
    Quite helpful piece of writing, thanks so much for your post.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...