"It's a deal, it's a steal, it's the Sale of the fucking Century!" - Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

There are people who have a long history of finding the most amazing vintage pieces...at equally amazing prices. I'll say here and now that I am not one of those people. I do own vintage, but I've either inherited it or paid a fair (in some cases more than fair) price for it. There have been none of those "Antiques Roadshow...I found a Rembrandt in my attic" moments.

Until now.

I've been lusting over the Hermes Constance bag for...well, basically as long as I can remember. But I thought my love was going to be of the unrequited kind...I may be a bag addict but even I draw the line at buying a handbag that costs the same as a used car or the gross domestic product of a small island nation.

Then I stumbled across my "find"...she's had rough-ish life (soothed by one application of saddle soap, hopefully cured after a few more)...but I think I may love her more because of that fact. Of course, the bargainous price that I picked her up for doesn't hurt either...

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    6:09 AM
    love the "H" - for Hebden, of course! But, go on then... how much? ;)
  • 2:40 AM
    She's a beaut!
  • Madelene said...
    5:05 PM
    The Constance is beautiful. I'm jealous!
  • 2:23 PM
    Really useful data, much thanks for your article.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...