“Paradoxically though it may seem, it is none the less true that life imitates art far more than art imitates life” - Oscar Wilde

Looking back I realized that I'm generally somewhat grinch-y on the topic of advertisements...a reflex action when faced with the usual banal inducements to shop that seem to hit my inbox, and mailbox, with depressing regularity or the glossy versions of the same, which stare up at me from the pages of magazines willing me to buy into the dream they're attempting to sell.

Christian Louboutin's Spring/Summer ad campaign, however, is so far above "the usual"...its images filled with the kind of muted, lush, slightly sinister, extravagance usually found in an 18th century still life...that if it weren't for one small, niggling detail (i.e. my inability to stand, let alone walk, in the kind of heels featured) I'd be unable to resist buying something.

As it is I'll just have to enjoy them as art...

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • mbiencegroup said...
    5:57 AM
    This can't have effect in reality, that's what I think.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...