Searching for the middle ground...

It started a week or two ago at Club Monaco...I went in to look at their "desperation sale" (at least, that's my term for it, I'm not sure what else to call massive reductions allied with no sales tax)...and I spotted a necklace...a huge chunk of faux coral on a faux gold chain. I loved the idea but, even reduced, it was faux-faux-much-too-faux.

Then I found the deluxe version...courtesy of Bottega Veneta...a nice chunk of coral resting majestically at the end of an amber rosary.

Without meaning to appear too picky I'm now looking for the middle ground...somewhere between overwhelmingly tacky knock-off and cringe-inducingly expensive original. I could see myself wearing a version of this all summer long but, for one reason or another, I don't like the extremes that are on offer.
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Georgie said said...
    8:26 AM
    I likve the charm on the end of the necklace but not the beaded chain. Maybe you could find your own chain and use the charm?
    x
  • Elizabeth said...
    9:27 AM
    I love the look of this BV one. I bet you could DIY it ASAP!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...