“Use a make-up table with everything close at hand and don't rush; otherwise you'll look like a patchwork quilt.” - Lucille Ball

Another bitingly cold day as the temperature veers wildly between relatively mild and bone-chillingly bitter...it's the stage of winter where, let's face it, I've lost the will to go on. I feel like I'm wearing jeans all the time...yet jeans (with tights underneath) are virtually the only option if I need to go outside (and I want to maintain feeling in all my extremities). I'm whining, I know, I'm just so fed up with the lack of options.

Thank God for my coat fetish...and the two closets full of coats and jackets that the aforementioned fetish has compelled me to buy. Today's selection reminds me of a friend of my mothers who she nicknamed "fancy-pants" because of the patchwork trousers that could usually be found on his lower limbs...this is the upper-body equivalent...an antidote to any glum feelings as it's virtually impossible to be 100% filled with ennui if you're sporting a varied selection of mis-matched tweeds (the knitted chain link scarf being the final cherry on the anti-glum cake).
Photobucket

Patchwork jacket - vintage Ralph Lauren, scarf - Benetton, sweater - Nicole Farhi, jeans - Joe's, hi-tops - Converse

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Chekka Cuomova said...
    11:35 AM
    I love that red chain! <3
  • Georgie said said...
    1:11 PM
    I have a coat fetish to! I own around 20 of them... all different lengths.
    x
  • theguildedpage said...
    11:33 AM
    I completely agree with the post.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...