“To be a king and wear a crown is a thing more glorious to them that see it than it is pleasant to them that bear it” - Elizabeth I

Craft alert...well, actually, it's a potential craft alert...because I can't decide if I'd be biting off more than I can chew if I try to re-create Fernanda Pereira's accordion pleated ruff. The online ruff instructions that I found uniformly agreed that creating a single ruff is a time consuming process which uses more fabric that would seem possible and is enough to drive a person to drink...a towering mass of pleated fabric can surely only end in madness.

Yet the combined forces of a) my belief in how incredible this neck piece is and b) my innate cheapness mean I am seriously considering a pleat project.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    9:06 AM
    It's a great idea! You're not under time constraints, are you?

    If you started it with no care as to how long it would take, I doubt it'd drive you to drink. You're just the precise kind of person to do this.
  • WendyB said...
    9:59 AM
    Great quote from Liz.
  • muebles camobel said...
    8:06 AM
    Hey, there's a great deal of helpful information above!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...