"You say goodbye and I say hello" - The Beatles

Well, 2008, it was fun...there were changes made (both large and small) and, on a whole, the results were more positive than negative...but, all good things must end...and it's time to say goodbye...and hello to...

Photobucket


Now I admit that, in the past, I've been less than enthusiastic when it comes to New Year's resolutions...I dislike the feeling that I'm setting myself up for failure somewhere around the beginning of February (weak willed, moi?)...but this year there are a couple of fashion-related items that I'd like to try and focus on.
  1. Spend more time pre-purchase considering whether I need...or how badly I want...an item. Towards the end of '08 I was definitely getting better with this and I don't want to backslide when the new year rolls around. (Note, I said "getting better"...I'd say that I'd achieved a ratio of 70/30 of the considered vs the impulse...if I could get that to 90/10 I think my closet, sanity, and bank account would be thankful).
  2. Get rid of items that I am never going to wear (eBay, etsy, or eeeeee! splat! as it hits the trash). This has been a constant entry on my "to do" list for a while now...I'd like to say that for every item coming in, one is going out...I'd like to, but I can't. So, something to work on...plus, I know that Mr. Heb would enjoy some of the closet space that would magically appear if I was able to rid myself of some of the flotsam and jetsam that a history of mass consumerism leaves in its wake.
  3. Pay a little more attention to what's going into my body. Though definitely prompted by PCGS (Post Christmas Guilt Syndrome)...the Cadbury's choccie assortment...the glass (or 4) of wine...the almost remarkable absence of anything even vaguely healthy...I do feel the need to take a little better care of myself. Not a diet...I like food...and myself...too much for that...more this will be an attempt to put the correct fuel into the vehicle to obtain optimum results.

On a personal note I'd also like to thank everyone who takes time out of their day to visit this blog. I'm always surprised (and delighted) by how many people stop by to read...and comment...please know that it is truly appreciated. May 2009 bring you everything that you wish for...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • ~Tessa~Scoffs said...
    11:12 AM
    Happy New Year, Hebden. See you on e-bay.
  • WendyB said...
    5:48 PM
    I should cut back the Cadbury myself. But I probably won't!
  • Jennifer said...
    6:44 PM
    A very happy New Year to you! S...AWIP has become a daily must-visit for me over the past year. You feature such an interesting variety of items and your editorials are always a great read. Here's to more in 2009!

    Just so you won't feel left out... I've been asking all of my favorite bloggers to stop by my new blog, *gemmifer*. I think I'm getting the hang of the technical side of posting; hopefully the subject matter will be worth a regular visit. The address is www.gemmifer-jennifer.blogspot.com. I'd love to know what you think!
  • 1:53 AM
    Happy New Year! It's always a delight to read your posts.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...