"The act of putting pen to paper..."

“The act of putting pen to paper encourages pause for thought, this in turn makes us think more deeply about life, which helps us regain our equilibrium.” - Norbet Platt

Apparently the volume of mail passing through the US postal service fell by 5.5% in the last year. I can't say I'm shocked...personally I send ecards for holidays, birthdays, and other "occasions" and generally work under the theory of "no email address, no card"...something which illustrates my inherent laziness and must have my mother turning revolutions in her grave (considering that she used a fountain pen for all correspondence and insisted on a thank you note for the smallest occurrence).

Part of my mourns the loss of the written word...the physical act of putting pen to paper...the rich feel of expensive notepaper...the heartbreak when you sent the last card from the box...the joy when you found a new design which exemplified "you". Especially when I come across something like these Giles Deacon notecards for Smythson. Yet, much as I love them, I know that if bought they would sit in a drawer...unsent (though caressed and admired when I happened upon them).
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 1 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    5:09 PM
    I really want to order these. I send thank you notes frequently all year long, and my monogrammed supply is about to run out. I could order more personalized notes, but these look so cool . . . .

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...