“You don't have to travel around the world to understand that the sky is blue everywhere” - Goethe

Many Christmas' ago...when I was twelve-ish...my mother surprised me with a bicycle...it was gloriously bright and shiny...in a snazzy silver and red color combo. Perfect...except for the fact that it was a BMX bicycle...and I was a tall-for-my-age-not-very-athletic-klutz. Not exactly a match made in heaven. Still, I (wo)manfully stuck with it and cycled around the Scottish countryside which surrounded my village...despite the fact that my knees were alarmingly close to my ears and completely blocked my ability to use the brake levers.

Thus began and on-again/off-again affair with bicycles that has led me to secondhand clunkers...retro rides...mountain bikes...and now, The Gap. Because, for some strange reason, The Gap has added something new to its inevitable Christmas selection of brightly striped sweaters and hat/scarf/glove combos...an argyle bicycle. I'm not entirely sure what the rationale was but I, for one, love it.
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    10:50 AM
    It's adorable!
  • Elizabeth said...
    9:06 PM
    Me too.
  • 8:19 PM
    I like it! I've been cycling a lot lately, I wish I had seen this when I was shopping for a bike!
  • Anonymous said...
    10:16 AM
    Wow! Is this bike in store? This has to replace my Raleigh shockingly yellow suspension bike! Much more trendy, sorry mum!

    You should check out www.fashbashsoundclash.blogspot.com!

    Nicky X

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...