“It is the fight alone that pleases us, not the victory.” - Blaise Pascal

I've mentioned my on-going battle against the demon moth before...every time I think I'm winning I come across one looking gorged and bloated and realize that he's probably just been nibbling on one of my cashmere sweaters. And such is my paranoia over this issue that I am constantly on the look out for new ways to wage war...some of which are purely functional, some useless, and some so beautifully packaged that I can ignore the fact that I'd be lucky if they'd claim one victim...like this incredibly cute cashmere care kit from J Crew. The gingham bag is so quaint...the comb, useful (though, personally, I prefer to remove any pilling by hand)...but the cedar ball (aesthetically pleasing though it may be) is so small that I doubt it would do much in the way of moth prevention...unless, that is, I started swinging it around and bludgeoning them with it.Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    9:48 AM
    Those J.Crewers really know how to market. This kit is simply adorable, but you're right: How many moth lives could be taken by that lovely cedar sphere?
  • Elizabeth said...
    10:39 AM
    I think you'd need a drawerful of those cedar balls. That's what I have. It seems to work. Buy a couple of boxes and strew them through your drawers.

    I do love the look of that kit, though. It's very charming.
  • WendyB said...
    11:45 AM
    Eek. I don't even like to READ the word "moth." Scary.
  • Anonymous said...
    11:57 AM
    I'd like to give one of these to all of my cashmere-addicted family...

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...