“As far as I'm concerned, being any gender is a drag.” - Patti Smith

A few days ago a friend sent me an email containing the following...

Photobucket


"Ho, ho, ho", said I. "Isn't that amusing?" And Mr. Heb and I joked that I obviously needed to add more girlish references in my writing in order to remove my new gender neutral moniker. Then I decided to write this post and tried the GenderAnalyzer for myself.

Photobucket


In the space of a few days I have gone from 51% (gender neutral) to 53% (blog written by a man). What the hell...at this rate my blog persona will be 100% masculine before the Thanksgiving gravy has congealed on the plate.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    10:16 AM
    Fascinating.

    I wonder what their criteria are for masculinity v. femininity. Of course, now I have to go get my "analysis" done.
  • Elizabeth said...
    10:19 AM
    I'm a man!

    I'm posting about it, referencing you. I hope that's okay.
  • Anonymous said...
    10:46 AM
    Hilarious--they are 66% convinced that my blog is written by a man...which it isn't. As enc said, I wonder how they analyze the gender...
  • S. said...
    11:54 AM
    I'm 82% woman. That is more than I thought!
  • Hebden said...
    9:32 PM
    enc - post away, I'm just glad that I'm not alone in my cyber-manliness...

    belle - I think they're tossing a virtual coin (that's my story and I'm sticking to it)

    thesearch - I'm soooo jealous!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...