"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy -- and Jill a rich widow." - unknown

In my new...and hopefully improved...frugal mood I shudder to think how much I have spent on scarves over the years. My only justification (and it's a good one...even if I say it myself and shouldn't) is that a scarf is one of the multi-tasking little workhorses of accessories. It can be insouciant or uptight (depending on how it's tied)...add just the right amount of warmth on those Fall/Spring days when the temperature changes every 10 minutes...protect your hair from the elements when you've forgotten your umbrella...save you from having to spend "quality time" with airplane blankets...transform into a bag (with a few knots and a healthy dose of optimism that nothing will fall out)...and generally perform all sorts of good deeds in the outfit line.

Which is why part of me is casting covetous glances at this lace-edged scarf...part Italian widow...part boudoir...totally over-priced at $395...but an interesting idea for a little DIY.
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    9:34 AM
    I never have enough scarves. Bright colored, black, gray, nevermind the color! Many, many scarves fill my closet! So you'll always have an excuse in my eyes when it comes to spending for a scarf. Howeverrr a three figure price.. brr.. (I'll make you part of my blogaround today! Loved that lace flat!)
  • Elizabeth said...
    9:34 PM
    That'd make a great DIY project. Will you try it?
  • 8:12 PM
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  • 8:14 PM
    [I need to learn how to spell...last comment deleted due to typo]

    I think I'm in love with this scarf. Like Enc, I'm also curious as to whether you'll try out your own version. I know I'm tempted to try it...the question is when I can find time to do this.
  • site said...
    7:43 AM
    It can't work as a matter of fact, that's exactly what I consider.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...