Très Jolie...or maybe not

I have to ask a question...but, before I do, imagine that you are incredibly wealthy and therefore have no budgetary concerns when it comes to clothing...focus...now...do you forsee any occasion when you would want to look like this?

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I wanted to remove the financial aspect because, as this is Chloe's Spring/Summer '09 collection, nothing is going to be cheap but...in this instance...I don't care...because I can't recall when I've seen so many unflattering clothes in close proximity to each other. So much so that I'm questioning both my eyesight and my taste (hence my initial question)...I just want to know, is there anyone out there who wants to tie a lamé bow around some paperbag-waisted, baggy, mid-calf pants? Anyone?

I'm all for the idea of jolie-laide...ugly-pretty, as I was trying to explain to Mr. Heb the other day regarding a difference of opinion on some Comme des Garcons Humpty Dumpty pants...but, to me, this has bypassed pretty altogether. More than ever this is encouraging me to enjoy the winter because it's going to be a long, cold (fashion) summer.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    8:45 AM
    I don't even find anything here that ugly, just boring.
  • Elizabeth said...
    10:48 AM
    I like the red leather shorts—in theory. In practice, I don't know. Other than that, I'm not thrilled with the rest.
  • Anonymous said...
    8:06 PM
    Did those apricot "capris" in the first pic belong to MC Hammer before they were cut off? Or are they _supposed_ to be reminiscent of a diaper?
  • Hebden said...
    8:14 PM
    jicket - I'm so glad that someone else looked at these and thought "diaper"...I was beginning to think I was going crazy.

    enc - you are a brave woman, those red shorts scare the pants off me (pun intended)
  • S. said...
    4:15 PM
    Such a shame..I used to love Chloe..it is going to be a cold summer fashion-wise..

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...