“Get a bicycle. You will not regret it. If you live.” - Mark Twain

Thanks to the lovely enc for putting me onto yet another helmet hat, aka fancy dress for your bike helmet. Ever since my fainting spell a year and a half ago (and the subsequent collision between my head and an area of concrete flooring) I am paranoid about wearing my bicycle helmet whenever I set foot to pedal...regardless of the fact that I am by no means a speed demon (actually, as I get lapped by little old ladies and depressingly unfit looking folks, I wouldn't even qualify as a vaguely fast demon).

But even the most beautiful helmet gets a little dreary after continuous wear, hence my fascination with helmet hats...like these from Danish company, Yakkay. The thing about their covers, unlike some others that I've found, is that you'd actually want to wear them as hats (regardless of whether they were over a helmet or not).

Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    6:32 PM
    Your eloquent writing style makes even the most mundane of items seem glamorous. I really think these helmet hats are cute. For some reason, I think they might suit you.

    xx

    (thanks for the mention)
  • Anonymous said...
    11:29 AM
    I adore these - couldn't for the life of me figure out how to get them to ship one to the states, tho.
  • Hebden said...
    10:58 AM
    Sal - apologies, I forgot to add a link to their site. Here is a list of retailers (http://www.yakkay.com/retailers.html). There are none in the US but I'm sure that at least one of them would be willing to ship overseas.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...