“All looks yellow to a jaundiced eye.” - Alexander Pope

I obviously need to put a little more work into being focused and single-minded when I shop because on a trip to Urban Outfitters to look for a lamp (either my eyesight is going or the wall fixtures in our living room fall far short of providing the amount of light required to read by) I was positively seduced by a bowl by the register containing bottles of nail polish. Did I need any nail polish? Not really. Specifically, did I need the bottle of neon yellow polish that I walked out of the store with? At the time, I'd convinced myself that the answer was yes.

I've now tried the polish and discovered that...as beauty equations go...neon yellow plus pale skin does not, as I had fondly imagined that it may, equal an interesting shock of color against all of the black and grey I've been wearing lately...instead, it gives the wearer a decidedly jaundiced appearance. Going forward, whenever I feel my focus slipping, the code words will be "yellow peril".
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    12:58 PM
    I would have imagined you'd do well in that color, but I'll take your word for it that it didn't work. Too bad, because it's a cool color.
  • Anonymous said...
    2:41 PM
    I don't know how that would sit with my yellow-toned skin but I'm curious...

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...