“Man was born free, but is everywhere in bondage.” - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Being pretty cheap...I mean, frugal...no, I admit it...I mean cheap...when it comes to basics...I've recently been mulling over the increasingly high prices of hosiery...trying to balance out the joy of owning a pair of decadently lush (or freakily fabulous) tights versus the concept of paying vast sums for something that I know I will put a hole in after a couple of wearings or won't even fit me in the first place due to "one size fits all" usually topping out at around 5'8".

In a world of disposable fashion tights are some of the most throwaway items there are yet I'm constantly coming across pairs at highly elevated prices...$70 here...$200 there...for sanity's sake you have to decide what your cut-off point is in the quest for interesting legwear. Luckily these cut-out hexagon and corset tights fall under the "amount I'm willing to cough up" category...plus the number of layering options possible under the hexagon pair opens up numerous styling options (thereby making them much more fiscally alluring).

PhotobucketPhotobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    9:05 AM
    I love those hex tights. They're almost like exaggerated fishnets!
  • SOS! said...
    1:04 PM
    The hex tights are unreal. I love them so much!!
  • Anonymous said...
    4:59 AM
    I do think tights are getting to the point of garment status which means that prices are being hiked up...I'd shell out for TRULY special ones though...
  • Anonymous said...
    6:16 PM
    I was thinking about leggings and hosiery the other day and came up with a crazy thought (even if long refused) - leggings subscribed for our wardrobe forever. tights, however.... not the same thing. Sure they're a smashing hit, a serious must have with corporate people and funky ladies, but when a hexagon like this one comes along, I'm highly tempted to give in and wear them anyday, anyhow, with anything!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...