“That for which all virtue now is sold, and almost every vice- almighty gold” - Ben Jonson

Even though the heat index is hovering around the hundred degree mark now I know that, eventually, some cooler weather will arrive and I'll be able to get a little more...diversity...in my day-to-day wardrobe. Maybe I'm alone in this but by this point in the summer I generally feel that I have worn most of my summer clothes to an alarming degree and am now ready for a change...and some layers.

Thoughts about winter have led me to leopard...and now gold...which, somewhat disturbingly, suggests Bet Lynch from Coronation Street circa 1994...something which should make me stop and question my sanity but...I can't seem to help myself.

So now I'm on the lookout for something big-ish and bold-ish in the bracelet line. Initial explorations tracked down Mawi's link cuff with metallic ribbon...but it's a little too shiny...I was hoping for a more subtle gold or brass finish. And so, the search continues...
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • S. said...
    11:59 AM
    I love gold jewellery.. especially the brassy kind it is so flattering as well.
    Do let me know if you find anything good, your blog is an inspiration.

    And I love your slogan 'style..a work in progress' that is so true.. it should take time. ;)

    S.
  • Elizabeth said...
    7:27 PM
    Now that bracelet is worth it. Get a bracelet-sleeved dress or cardi and get on with it!
  • Hebden said...
    7:52 PM
    S - I will be posting updates as the search continues...and thank you for the kind words!
  • site said...
    7:18 AM
    Wow, there's so much worthwhile information here!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...