“I haven't lost my mind; I know exactly where I left it.” - unknown

Anytime I'm in one of those melancholy moods...or as Holly Golightly put it, having a touch of the "mean reds"...I'll listen to The Best of Chet Baker Sings...not because I know it will pep me up but because if you're going to be depressed you may as well wallow in it...and few things will tug at the heartstrings as much as Mr. Baker singing 'The Thrill Is Gone' or 'There Will Never Be Another You'.

Which is why I was interested to see the t-shirt that Paul Smith had designed for the re-release of the Bruce Weber movie "Let's Get Lost" (which documents Baker's life). It's not really my style (and therefore not a potential purchase) but I was mystified by the accompanying text..."Not available to US customers due to customs shipping restrictions".

Is anyone else confused...this is a t-shirt...what possible customs rules can it violate? Are they scared that anyone touching the package will develop 'jazz hands'?
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    2:58 PM
    Oh noes! Are jazz hands contagious?
  • Elizabeth said...
    3:31 PM
    I can't imagine what the reasons would be. The cynic in me says someone just doesn't want to deal with the hassles of international mailing.
  • 5:36 PM
    LOL! I don't understand that either! I am the proud owner of that Tshirt though :)

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...