Vanity, thy name is...Hebden

Having decided that a little exercise may not be such a bad thing (thanks to whatever boffin at Hagen Daz invented their Sticky Toffee Pudding ice cream) I dragged my bicycle out of storage and had it tuned up, only to realize that the majority of bicycle helmets out there are...hideous.

I know they're necessary...I know they could save my life...and I know it's incredibly vain under these circumstances to want something that is neither pink, nor patterned, nor featuring various visors and fins but there it is. Thankfully I came across the Faction helmet, designed for use by BMX-ers and skateboarders it resembles a WWII motorcycle helmet and, in matte black, I love it.

Which means that the only unresolved question is bicycle bell or horn...?
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • Jennifer said...
    2:12 PM
    this is truly useful!
    i HATE bike helmets. found a retailer by me who carries them. thank you.
  • Anonymous said...
    8:48 PM
    Not the main point of your post, but I believe that your favorite Hagen Daz flavor was created by a contestant in a competition they held at the company a few years ago. Wish I could have been a judge in that contest!
  • Elizabeth said...
    12:11 AM
    Horn seems more subversive, possibly to match your helmet.
  • Anonymous said...
    5:55 AM
    I am having the same problem finding a bike helmet that I like but that would also suit the bike I ride aswell - my husband has this bike: http://nuke.urbazstyle.com/Portals/0/nuove%20su%20ordinazione/cruiser/formato%20grande/nirve-53-black-3-spd-big.jpg
    and he bought the same helmet you bought - my bike is this one: http://nuke.urbazstyle.com/Portals/0/nuove%20su%20ordinazione/cruiser/formato%20grande/Nirve-Lahaina-Cocoabutter-3.jpg
    so I am thinking about buying this brown version of the helmet: http://www.velotique.com/helm-bel.htm
  • Hebden said...
    7:27 AM
    editor - glad to be of service!

    jennifer - interesting to learn how my arch nemesis was created

    enc - one vote for horn noted (actually it's two as Mr. Heb was a horn vote as well)

    mina - your husband and I have pretty similar bikes...glad to see that more people are going for the gearless/back pedal to brake/retro models.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...