"...to be possessed with double pomp..."

“Therefore, to be possessed with double pomp,
To guard a title that was rich before,
To gild refined gold, to paint the lily,
To throw a perfume on the violet,
To smooth the ice, or add another hue
Unto the rainbow, or with taper light
To seek the beauteous eye of heaven to garnish,
Is wasteful and ridiculous excess.”

- William Shakespeare
Photobucket

Though I'm having issues with certain aspects of my summer wardrobe after a little shopping expedition yesterday one thing is certain...I'm developing a fetish for brass bracelets (try saying that ten times, fast). It started with Old Navy's multi-strands of beads and is continuing with this Bonnie double-wrap bracelet from Club Monaco. I think part of this is regression (in years gone by I wore a selection of bracelets during the summer until, one by one, they disintegrated)...I was going to add that it makes even my pallid skin look a little tanned but clearly, and undeniably, after one glance at the picture above I have to admit that that is an optical illusion.

An added bonus is that, as the bracelet is designed to be wrapped several times around the wrist, it can also be worn as a long necklace or double wrapped choker...making it a nice little multi-tasker to take on my travels.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • MARIA H said...
    9:43 PM
    Have to say: love your summer trend!
  • Fashion Addict said...
    4:21 AM
    love your blog and I wanted to know if you would like to do a link exchange with my blog... Keep up the fabulous work!
  • Elizabeth said...
    12:20 AM
    It's very cool, very functional, and very you.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...