On an impulse...well, not really...

Though it seems a little earlier than usual, we have entered that magical time of year when items that you've been stalking...like a lioness on the Serengeti going after a particularly succulent wildebeest...are now slightly more appealing (pricewise that is).

Yes, the summer sales are here...and two items which I have been yearning after, but ignoring in a vague effort to be fiscally responsible, will soon be winging their way to me.

Item #1, Opening Ceremony's suede desert boots...because I need some comfortable shoes and my skirts and dresses need a touch of "Bridge on the River Kwai". Item #2, Junya Watanabe's reverse pants...or, as Mr. Heb said when I showed him a picture of them, "MC Hammer pants"...something which I naturally countered with "not just MC Hammer pants...Japanese-preppy MC Hammer pants". Which isn't the snappiest of comebacks, I admit, but it was that or start singing "U Can't Touch This"...

PhotobucketPhotobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 7 comments:

  • Jennifer said...
    8:34 AM
    the desert boots, looks like they're different than clarks by the sole - not crepe?
  • WendyB said...
    10:20 AM
    When I was about 8, there was a period when I refused to wear anything but shoes like that.
  • Elizabeth said...
    11:50 AM
    I had desert boots just like that when I was a kid. I was a tomboy. I think I still am sometimes.

    The pants are so sweet, what will you wear them with? (Please ignore bad grammar. Still waking up.)
  • Hebden said...
    6:43 AM
    editor - no, these don't have the crepe soles...they're leather

    enc - these a definitely tomboy shoes...I'm looking forward to "playing" with the pants to see what works but, at the moment, I'm thinking a striped t-shirt and fitted tuxedo jacket...kind of twisted classics in black, red, and navy...
  • 12:54 PM
    the black shoes are great!
  • S. said...
    1:14 PM
    I love purchases that are 'thought out' lately I have been buying so many items I need to sit down and think what do I really need..

    I love your purchases they are always items that make me think that I could not pull them off, but I know that you can. You just have such a fantastic quirky style. =D
  • Hebden said...
    6:26 PM
    thesearch - thank you! After years of impulse buying I'm attempting to "think before I buy"...with varying degrees of success, I admit.

    From what I've seen on your blog you've made some great purchases recently...I've been green with envy on more than one occasion.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...