Ma tante a un crayon jaune...

Someone was obviously very bored over at The Wall Street Journal...I say this because they took the time to record one of their fashion reporters pronouncing fashion designer's names, Berlitz style, for the elucidation of shoppers everywhere.

I am obviously more bored because I clicked through and listened to "zhan paul GO-tee-AY", "NEE-ko-la guess-KYAIR", and my personal favorite "al-BEAR el-BAHZ for lon-VAN". If I could figure out how to do it I'd download a couple and add them to the roster of sounds on my laptop...imagine new mail alerts being accompanied by "BOOL-ga-ree"!

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    5:50 PM
    I love things like that....I'm terrible at figuring out pronunciations on my own!
  • Elizabeth said...
    10:13 PM
    I've really mangled some pronunciations in my time. Especially in French class.
  • Anonymous said...
    5:42 PM
    Well you weren't the only bored one because I did the exact same thing! You know what they say? Knowledge is power! ;)

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...