Green Grow The Rushes, O

Two, two, the lily-white boys,
Clothèd all in green, O
One is one and all alone
And evermore shall be so.
- Green Grow The Rushes, O
Photobucket

The technology Gods have finally decided to play nice...so I thought I'd start back up with a celebratory, seasonal, cautionary tale...

Way back in the mists of time, but when I was old enough to know better, I decided to dye my hair a nice shade of green. I'd tried other colors before that but felt a sudden urge to "go green". Numerous lessons were learned from this adventure...

1) Always wear rubber gloves when dying your hair...otherwise you may have to walk around with green hands for a few weeks.

2) For similar reasons, dying your hair green in a white bathroom is a very bad idea.

3) Of all the times to dye your hair in this shade, the run up to St. Patrick's Day is the worst possible choice.

4) If you have been dating a man for a relatively short amount of time...and you suddenly come out of the bathroom with hair the color of Astroturf...and he says, "that looks nice"...he's a keeper (yes, I'm talking about Mr. Heb).

On a much more upbeat note...isn't this antique malachite clover brooch beautiful?

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    11:57 AM
    LOL! Funny story.
  • ~Tessa~Scoffs said...
    1:21 PM
    Love the brooch. If it were mine I would not limit myself to wearing it once a year.
  • Elizabeth said...
    10:20 AM
    Mr. Heb sounds like a fantastically wonderful man.

    The brooch is beautiful!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...