Great Balls of Fire

"You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain
Too much love drives a man insane
You broke my will, But what a thrill
Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire
I laughed at love 'cause I thought it was funny
You came along and moved me honey
I've changed my mind, this Girl is fine
Goodness, gracious, great balls of fire" - Jerry Lee Lewis


My mother was a woman who, at one time, could Twist like no other...for those of you unfamiliar with 60's dance steps, The Twist was described by an instruction booklet that came with Chubby Checker's record "Let's Twist Again" as "Imagine you are stubbing out a cigarette with both feet whilst drying your back with a towel". Though, of course, by my formative years she wasn't twisting in public (at least not without severe provocation and a cocktail) our living room was often filled with the sounds of Jerry and Chubby, twisting the night away.

All of which has no real connection...except in the my mind...to J Crew's wood bead and "fireball" (get it?) bracelet...which, in itself, bears a striking resemblance (in looks but not price point...$35 versus $960) to Sydney Evan's Buddha head bracelet...thus, everything is connected...six degrees of separation...with a twist.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    1:35 PM
    Those are both great. They'd make a fine sound clicking off each other on one's wrist.
  • WendyB said...
    11:39 PM
    Love that song. Now I'm singing it to myself!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...