The ceremony of innocence is drowned...

“Things fall apart; the center cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity” - William Butler Yeats

After my shoe inventory I felt that I was lacking simplicity...not, I hasten to add, that I yearn for bland footwear...merely something in a neutral color...that relies more upon shape that fabric or embellishment. A non-basic, basic if you will. Something which is plentiful in Opening Ceremony's shoe collection.

While the cut-out Oxford and ballet flat with a clip-on bow are tempting, I feel myself drawn to the cut-out ballet flats...like Cinderella...or a modern-day Holly Golightly (somehow I think it would be easier to get over the "mean reds" with these on my feet).
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    8:01 AM
    I do love this range.... thanks to Eluxury, I won't have to be hunting around London...
  • K.Line said...
    9:28 PM
    Oooh, I love the first, black cutout shoe. They're moving towards strappy (but are more sleek and minimal than stereotypically sexy). Maybe you'll need to get these and a strappy stripper pair, just to round out the collection :-)
  • Elizabeth said...
    2:47 PM
    Wow, my eyes popped when I saw that black patent cutout shoe. Then they grew even larger at the sight of that white oxford slingback. I hope you'll get something from this line!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...