“Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute.” - G.B. Stern

In reference to the above quote, I'm probably a parachute girl, one of the "be prepared" squad...and it looks like I'm not alone...at least if the current glut of voluminous parachute silk and satin bags is anything to go by. While I love the idea of a large, jewel-toned bag that I could lug all of my summer essentials around in, I'm finding the price tags (up to $745) a little hard to swallow for something that looks so easy to make. I know...looks can be deceptive...but I have an overwhelming urge to try a little DIY.

If it goes well, I have a new bag. If things go wrong, I have the world's smallest parachute. So sayeth the optimist and pessimist inside me.

Photobucket
Grey, red, and gold

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • WendyB said...
    5:11 PM
    FYI, I added you too. I thought I already had! I get confused because I've added people to my Google Reader and that's what I really rely on.
  • Elizabeth said...
    5:17 PM
    Agreed, they are pricey. I wonder what they'd look like filled with tons of stuff. Do you think they'd hold their shape?
  • Hebden said...
    7:23 PM
    enc - I think it would depend what was in there
  • AFitz said...
    10:22 PM
    Well, as they say, crazy expensive haute couture is best for inspiration...
  • Rorosto said...
    12:45 AM
    They remind me a bit of Tenegui (sp?) tied up into a bag like they do in Japan.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...