"The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agley" - Robert Burns

I probably don't need to do my bi-annual transition of seasonal clothing from closet A (day-to-day) to closet B (storage) for a little while yet...we were hit by 7 inches of snow yesterday so there's obviously still a requirement for cold weather clothing...BUT...I'm getting fed-up with facing the usual suspects every time I open my closet door and I'm having a hard time getting enthused about summer dressing...or figuring out what I actually need to add to my existing wardrobe to make the warmer months manageable...so a preemptive strike seems like a good idea.

As I find that my thinking is (marginally) clearer when I put pen to paper (or finger to keyboard as the case may be) my plan this year is to photograph segments of my wardrobe and then mull them over in a post or two, and hopefully identify the areas that are woefully inadequate or (more likely) the items that I have three or four of and really need to stop buying. I'm thinking of this as anti-retail therapy...but we'll see...I may find that I end up with a huge list of things that I quote/un-quote need.

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 2 comments:

  • Elizabeth said...
    10:16 PM
    What a great idea. (I'm catching up on all your posts in reverse order, so I realize that the shoe-post is your pre-emptive strike, and I think you did it well.)

    Maybe since that shoe-cataloging episode went so well, you can continue with categories, perhaps moving on to skirts or something? Work your way up?
  • site said...
    7:14 AM
    Quite worthwhile material, thank you for the post.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...