Help Me Mary...please

PhotobucketI'm asking you, Mary, please
Temper my hatred with peace
Weave my disgust into fame
And watch how fast they run to the flame
- Liz Phair


Forgive me father, for I have sinned...I tried to turn my back on the muted tones that I have loved for so long...but the images from the last few days in Paris have, quite firmly, shown me the error of my ways.

This time, Givenchy, and its wonderfully lacy, ruffled, embellished...yet severe...collection. Very grown-up Spanish Catholic schoolgirl...but one who took a vacation to India...or am I the only one who sees the Asian influences in the golden necklaces (as opposed to 80's rapper)?

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • Jennifer said...
    6:40 PM
    i think this color palette is strong and assertive. i really prefer it over saccharine alternatives.
  • Anonymous said...
    7:56 AM
    I see the Indian jewellery influences... some of the shapes are quite maharajah esque too...
  • Elizabeth said...
    5:29 PM
    I see the Indian jewelry influences too. I like the colors, and now I'm wondering: what made you decide to "turn your back" on that "muted" palette?
  • Hebden said...
    5:35 PM
    enc - I felt that my clothing was getting too..."sludgy"...and needed to be livened up with some color. I don't know if it was a seasonal thing or just the urge for change that hits us all every so often. Or maybe I'm just horribly fickle...

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...