Autumn Leaves…in Spring

"The autumn leaves drift by my window
The autumn leaves of red and gold
I see your lips, the summer kisses
Those sunburned hands I use to hold

Since you went away the days grow long
And soon I'll hear old winters song
But I miss you most of all, my darling
When autumn leaves begin to fall..."


Though the color combination is probably more autumnal than spring-like I couldn’t resist posting this image of stylist (and wife of Jarvis Cocker), Camille Bidault Waddington. This is another one of those pictures that you want to print and hand-out to people who wear Juicy tracksuits for almost every "casual" occasion, whilst screaming "See...you can be casual and chic, you don’t have to look like you’re perpetually going to the gym!".

Rant over...
Photobucket

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 5 comments:

  • Jennifer said...
    3:34 PM
    amen to that. i am a very casual dresser in that i am never dressed in formal attire. not even a suit. but i bemoan the fate of the word "casual" because most people think it does mean gym clothes. gym clothes are so called because they belong in only one place, and maybe, maybe on the way to or directly home from there (and "there" is a place i do not go).
  • Bobble Bee said...
    5:14 PM
    i love her look, it's so casual and chic at the same time. i thought she was barefoot at the beginning, that would be AWESOME!
    thanks for sharing this picture :)
  • MARIA H said...
    6:14 PM
    Juice pants: it is the uniform of the perennial highschooler...even when looking older, fatter, and totally cheesy. Again, juicy bottoms (and other types of pant suits) in public spaces different than a Gym, is the best filter to determine who has some sense of style self respect and who does not.
  • Elizabeth said...
    11:34 PM
    Now come on, that rant about Juicy wasn't close to long enough! Couldn't you have gone on longer?

    Oh, and I loved your comment about that Cavalli dress on wendyb's blog; I'm just bummed I didn't think of it myself!
  • Hebden said...
    6:09 AM
    I'm so glad you all agree...sometimes it feels like I'm drowning in a sea of Juicy whenever I leave the house.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...