Patterns That Occur In Nature

As I sit here wondering if that last glass of champagne yesterday was a good idea...yes, "mummy is feeling delicate"...I find myself looking over at the "gift chair" (i.e. the temporary resting place for Christmas goodness until it is moved to its permanent storage area) and pondering the fact that the striped sweater which Mr. Heb unwrapped yesterday goes very well with the flannel and leather Day bag which was my gift. They obviously demand to be worn together...and, as Mr. Heb is not a big handbag carrier, I have a feeling we all know who will be borrowing what from whom at some future date...

"Coveting thy husband's gift"...the eighth deadly sin...

But back to the bag...and the reason for the title of this post...

I know that I've mentioned my "look books" before...scrapbooks filled with magazine clippings which act as reference, inspiration, and wish-list all rolled into one. I find it strangely fitting when a new purchase references back to an old clipping...like it was "meant to be"...in this case, my new Balenciaga has some striking similarities to a (I believe Gucci) jacket that I clipped out about 10 years ago...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 3 comments:

  • Eli said...
    1:15 AM
    how uncanny, that jacket and bag are practically twinsies!
  • 1:52 AM
    OH that bag is too cute, I want it!
  • Anonymous said...
    8:45 PM
    wow. that is too funny.

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...