You get what you deserve...

Yesterday I was greeted by an email with the subject line "You deserve a personal shopper"...and that's fine, it's always nice to know that J Crew is thinking of me...but when I opened the email I saw this:


Now, the idea of a personal shopper I can (just about) understand...you may have a lot of people to buy gifts for...a husband who wants a second opinion, but not yours...or you may just like the idea of receiving a higher and more personalized level of service.

My issue (you probably guessed by this point that I had an issue) is the use of the word "stylist" as one of the descriptions of the service. Maybe if we were talking about a department store, containing multiple brands, this may be an accurate portrayal of the services on offer but...you're going to be in a J Crew store...with someone who works for J Crew...is there any chance you're going to get "styled" in a look that you couldn't have come up with yourself by copying one of the pictures in their catalog? Is this really a stylist...or merely an unusually persistent sales assistant?

And don't even get me started on the "Someone to tell you how it really looks line"...

 
 
 
 

Post a Comment 4 comments:

  • Anonymous said...
    8:41 AM
    Well actually, I think Jcrews offers much styling potential. It certainly offers numerous basic pieces that could be arranged in a variety of manners, and it also offers some (slightly more) daring pieces. With proper accessorising, it's possible to turn them into statement pieces. If you are lucky, you will find a so-called stylist who see beyond what's on the mannequin! Myself, I've always received such good service when I went in high end boutiques.
  • 11:21 AM
    I'm with you my dear. J Crew & stylist? Hmmmmm xx
  • The Spicers said...
    12:22 PM
    I like J. Crew, but this sounds like a nightmare! I just want to be left alone to shop, no pushy salesgirls working on commission.
  • Anonymous said...
    10:57 PM
    two words to jcrew: bite me!

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...